The top five images of the church are that it’s a city1,2,5,13,14,17,19, bride2,3,4,7,9, temple6,8,10, flock11,12,13, and body15,16,187. Specifically, the teaching power of these images carried throughout scripture are listed below with the image of the church and the IMPLICATION for Christians:
- A city of God (dwells6,8,10 and protects5,10,11,14) in which Christians are CITIZENS1,3,19 if written in the “book of life”17.
- A bride of Christ2,4,7,9 to which Christians are to remain PURE4,6,7,9,10,17 and in SUBJECTION3,4,12,15,17.
- A temple for God’s dwelling where Christians are the STONES6,8,10/PRIESTS14.
- A flock of SHEEP led by Jesus11,12,13.
- A body where Christ is head15,16 and MEMBERS are baptized in16 and grow together as one8,16,18.